Diversified Benefit Services, Inc. (DBS) is an industry leading third party administrator of FSAs, HRAs, HSAs and COBRA. We have provided excellence in benefit plan solutions for almost 30 years. At DBS we believe that good people are the key to our success and we understand the importance of finding qualified, motivated and positive professionals. We look for team-oriented individuals seeking opportunity in a challenging and rewarding work environment.
DBS is privately owned and is located west of Milwaukee in Hartland, Wisconsin. We offer a quality work environment and a competitive salary and benefits package.
How to Apply
To apply for a position at Diversified Benefit Services, Inc.,
please e-mail your resume and salary requirements to:
We are expanding our sales team and are seeking an experienced sales professional who knows their way around the insurance and/or benefits industries. This is an excellent opportunity to join a quality organization with an exceptional work environment and a skilled professional sales team.
DBS offers an excellent base salary with lucrative commission compensation potential and benefits package.
- Effective networking and prospecting of target clients including private, public and non-profit employers.
- Establish and maintain strong working relationships with benefit brokers, insurance agents and agencies.
- Proficiently network and prospect employers, agents and agencies including ‘warm’ and ‘cold’ calls to maintain and expand client base.
- Direct sales activities to expand market share involving our benefits related products.
- Meet or exceed sales objectives and track work activities using the DBS CRM system.
- Conduct group meetings and presentations to educate participants and communicate plan guidelines.
- Attend conferences, tradeshows, workshops and seminars to learn and to promote DBS services.
- Minimum of 5 years of direct business to business sales experience (preferably within the insurance or employee benefits arena).
- Experience selling “administrative type services” is a plus.
- Enjoy being part of a service based company.
- Values a solid base compensation and motivated by commission incentives.
- Highly self- motivated, ethical and reliable.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Skilled at building and maintaining positive client, broker and agent relationships.
- Able to travel in pursuit of sales and servicing clients. (Bulk of travel is within Wisconsin and accomplished within the day.)
Claims Specialists are responsible for day to day plan administration of pre-tax benefit plans for an assigned group of clients. This high volume, fast paced position requires strong multi-tasking and organizational skills, and includes a high volume of claims processing, issuance of reimbursements, status changes, enrollments, responding to client and participant inquiries and implementation of plan set ups/changes.
- Provide a high level of professional service to DBS clients and benefit plan participants.
- Responsible for day to day plan administration of pre-tax benefit plans for assigned group of clients. Includes a high volume of claims processing, issuance of reimbursements, plan changes, status changes, enrollments, responding to client and participant inquiries, plan set-up in administration software and implementing plan changes.
- Effective regular communication with clients via phone and email regarding plan changes, claims processing, updates, questions, etc.
- Master various PC applications and learn software programs quickly.
- Maintain current working knowledge of benefit plan designs and IRS regulations regarding plans.
- Accurately enter and audit participant claims and determine eligibility for reimbursement.
- Generate reports and audit accuracy of information.
- Provide assistance to Customer Service Team during peak times when we experience increased claims and call volume.
- Assist with basic office coverage for team members who are out of the office.
- Work directly with all company departments to ensure client requests are met and a high level of service is consistently provided.
- Proven ability to provide a high level of customer service.
- Possess excellent organizational, detail orientation, follow through, analytical and problem solving skills.
- Possess basic math/accounting competencies required within position.
- Effective multi-tasking skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and demonstrated professionalism.
- Ability to quickly change gears and demonstrate flexibility.
- Proficient in the use of computers and possess the ability to quickly learn new software programs.
- Solid working knowledge of Microsoft Office (including Excel).
- Able to effectively work with personnel of varied skill levels and work through challenging situations efficiently.
- Able to handle high volume of information confidentially.
- Minimum of two years of experience in a professional environment working directly with customers.
- Previous experience in a claims processing, payroll, banking or insurance environment is required.
Account Services Consultant
Scope of position involves direct sales of DBS supplemental services (FSA/HRA/HSA/COBRA, and other customized benefit plans) to current clients as well as client services support and retention activities. This position reports directly to the Sales Manager. It provides a base salary with an opportunity for incentives.
Sales Related Responsibilities:
- Achieve established annual FSA/HRA/HSA/COBRA participant goals with assigned current DBS accounts.
- Market DBS services to current assigned clients and close additional services with the clients.
- Ensure timely follow up on all calls to acquire additional services from clients for DBS, Inc.
- Participate in networking opportunities (i.e. trade shows/conventions) as assigned by DBS, Inc.
- Maintain up to date records of sales related functions; calls, client visits, emails, etc.
- Other sales functions as assigned.
Sales Support Functions:
- Maintain and service assigned DBS clients.
- Conduct client service calls and other functions to ensure retention of DBS clientele.
- Update current clients on DBS service enhancements via meetings with select customers, webinars and/or written communications.
- Provide input to the sales team regarding sales ideas.
- Attend and actively participate in company and sales department meetings as scheduled.
- Provide Sales Manager with requested reports (i.e. sales goals/client retention).
- Maintain good working relationships with Sales Department personnel.
- Other sales support functions, as may be warranted.
Sales Administrative Support Functions:
- Follow established procedures and methods for DBS services.
- Work effectively with Client Services Specialists on sales related activities.
- Provide complete and accurate Plan Design Guides for clients.
- Conduct group presentations/webinars for plan participants and participate in benefit fairs for DBS clients.
- Enter pertinent client notes in CRM software system.
- Communicate directly with Claims Department Management on client/participant issues.
- Participate in client conference calls when appropriate.
- Maintain good working knowledge of DBS software.
- Keep current with plan regulation changes and communicate effectively to clients and brokers/agencies.
- Learn and maintain knowledge on new DBS services as well as promote new services with clients.
- Other sales administrative support functions, as may be warranted.
- Maintain professional standards and image of DBS with clients, prospects, consultants and fellow employees.
- Assist with employee training and orientation processes as requested.
- Promote a team orientated, customer friendly work environment.
- Other functions, as may be warranted.
Position Requirement Skills:
- Proven experience within company related services.
- Ability to meet sales goals and be successful within an assigned base of clients.
- Succeed within a base salary and incentive opportunity.
- Ability to acclimate and quickly learn DBS’ suite of services and our differentiation in the market place.
- Possess excellent customer service skills, which include effectively and efficiently handling client challenges.
- Ability to represent company in a professional manner.
- Ability to multi-task and work independently.
- Demonstrate excellent organization, coordination, detail orientation, follow-through, analytical and problem solving skills.
- Able to meet with clients whether on or off site.
- Able to work effectively within a team environment.
- Able to effectively hold customer, client and/or internal company employee related meetings/orientations and/or training sessions.
- Able to handle information on a confidential, business appropriate, need to know basis.
- Possess accurate administrative skills related to this position.
- Possess basic math/accounting competencies required within position.
- Able to use job related PC’s and software.
- Able to work in a varied, fast-paced, changing environment and accept change positively.
- Able to work effectively and efficiently with varied levels of personnel, a diverse employee/client base.
- Able to meet and maintain established physical and environmental job requirements.
- Other duties as assigned.