Diversified Benefit Services, Inc. (DBS) is an industry leading third party administrator of FSAs, HRAs, HSAs and COBRA. We have provided excellence in benefit plan solutions for over 30 years. At DBS we believe that good people are the key to our success and we understand the importance of finding qualified, motivated and positive professionals. We look for team-oriented individuals seeking opportunity in a challenging and rewarding work environment.
DBS is privately owned and is located west of Milwaukee in Hartland, Wisconsin. We offer a quality work environment and a competitive salary and benefits package.
How to Apply
To apply for a position at Diversified Benefit Services, Inc.,
please e-mail your resume and salary requirements to:
The Administrative Assistant position encompasses a wide range of responsibilities that are completed in a fast-paced, detail oriented and deadline driven environment. Primary emphasis in this role involves coordination of benefit plan enrollments, invoicing for company services, accounts payables/receivables and general administrative duties. This is a very fast-paced position that provides critical day-to-day support to all areas of the Company.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
Client Invoicing Functions
- Develop strong working knowledge of plan billing process and nuances that may affect client invoicing.
- Generate monthly client invoices utilizing internal spreadsheets and QuickBooks.
- Perform audits on all invoicing.
- Respond to client invoicing inquiries.
- Generate monthly statements, identify past-due accounts and send notifications to clients.
- Identify accounts requiring suspension, initiate process for suspension and complete internal communications as well as pulling of funds electronically.
FSA Benefit Plan Enrollment Coordination
- Work directly with clients to coordinate annual Flexible Spending Account (FSA) enrollments.
- Prepare effective tracking system to ensure that all enrollments are received, entered and audited in our software by plan deadlines.
- Coordinate distribution of enrollment materials.
- Work directly with Data Analysts and IT on importing of enrollment data files.
- Assist with audit of annual FSA participant enrollments.
- Regularly evaluate and provide input on process improvements to gain efficiency and increase accuracy of enrollments.
- Process all incoming payments (check and ACH).
- Enter all incoming bills.
- Generate checks and submit payments to vendors.
- Process internal staff expense reports and issue payments.
- Generate and process monthly agent commission reports and issue payments.
Company Administrative Support/Miscellaneous Duties
- Serve as back-up for reception as needed.
- Send out W-9 Forms as requested by clients.
- Collect and process W-9 Forms from vendors.
- Complete 1099 Reports annually for corporate accountant.
- Generate and track annual client renewal letters for all benefit plans administered.
- Form 5500 processing.
Required Work Skills
- Proven experience in financial services, benefits, human resources or related industries.
- Mid to high level competency in MS Office Suite of products.
- Experience working in QuickBooks or similar software.
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills.
- Strong numbers aptitude, enjoy working in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment with a high volume of data.
- Outstanding organizational and analytical skills, meticulous attention to detail and thorough follow up skills critical.
- Accounts Payables/Receivables experience/knowledge.
- Ability to quickly learn and become proficient working with varied software programs.
- Professional and positive interpersonal skills, high degree of confidentiality, self-motivated with the ability to effectively manage multiple tasks and prioritize without sacrificing quality.
- Ability to identify, resolve and escalate issues.
- Proven successful experience in a fast-paced, deadline driven environment that involved high detail orientation and strong multi-tasking skill.
Claims Specialists are responsible for day to day plan administration of pre-tax benefit plans for an assigned group of clients. This high volume, fast paced position requires strong multi-tasking and organizational skills, and includes a high volume of claims processing, issuance of reimbursements, status changes, enrollments, responding to client and participant inquiries and implementation of plan set ups/changes.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
1. Provide a high level of professional service to DBS clients and benefit plan participants.
2. Responsible for day to day plan administration of pre-tax benefit plans for assigned group of clients. Includes a high volume of claims processing, issuance of reimbursements, plan changes, status changes, enrollments, responding to client and participant inquiries, plan set-up in administration software and implementing plan changes.
3. Effective regular communication with clients via phone and email regarding plan changes, claims processing, updates, questions, etc.
4. Master various PC applications and learn software programs quickly.
5. Maintain current working knowledge of benefit plan designs and IRS regulations regarding plans.
6. Accurately enter and audit participant claims and determine eligibility for reimbursement.
7. Generate reports and audit accuracy of information.
8. Provide assistance to Customer Service Team during peak times when we experience increased claims and call volume.
9. Assist with basic office coverage for team members who are out of the office.
10. Work directly with all company departments to ensure client requests are met and a high level of service is consistently provided.
Required Work Skills | Qualifications
1. Proven ability to provide a high level of customer service.
2. Possess excellent organizational, detail orientation, follow through, analytical and problem solving skills.
3. Possess basic math/accounting competencies required within position.
4. Effective multi-tasking skills.
5. Excellent interpersonal skills and demonstrated professionalism.
6. Ability to quickly change gears and demonstrate flexibility.
7. Proficient in the use of computers and possess the ability to quickly learn new software programs.
8. Solid working knowledge of Microsoft Office (including Excel).
9. Able to effectively work with personnel of varied skill levels and work through challenging situations efficiently.
10. Able to handle high volume of information confidentially.
11. Minimum of two years of experience in a professional environment working directly with customers.
12. Previous experience in a claims processing, human resources, and payroll, banking or insurance environment is required.
COBRA Specialists are responsible for the administration of COBRA benefits and for providing an exceptional level of service to all assigned clients.
- Responsible for overall administration of COBRA benefits for assigned clients.
- Maintain a strong working knowledge of COBRA and stay current with law and regulatory changes.
- Ensure compliance with COBRA regulations.
- Communicate directly with clients, beneficiaries and brokers by phone ad through email regarding COBRA; including enrollments, notices, coverages, terminations, reporting and premium payments.
- Provide a high level of customer service to all clients and beneficiaries, including timely, knowledgeable and professional responses to all inquiries via phone, mail and e-mail.
- Possess a strong working knowledge of software systems.
- Responsible for new client set-ups, annual renewals, timely processing of qualifying events and coverage changes as they occur.
- Generate accurate and timely client reports.
- Work directly with all departments within the company to ensure client requests are met and a high level of service is consistently provided.
- Other duties as required by supervisor.
- Develop comprehensive knowledge of required testing of Section 125, 105 and 223 plans and assist with non-discrimination testing.
Required Work Skills
- Experience in a benefits, insurance or human resource environment. Prior COBRA experience a plus.
- Professional written and verbal communication skills.
- Computer competency and ability to quickly learn various software programs. Proficient data entry and keyboarding skills.
- Strong time management, problem solving and organizational skills in a deadline driven environment.
- Demonstrate meticulous attention to detail.
- Ability to handle multiple assignments efficiently and accurately while meeting strict deadlines.
- Able to handle information on a confidential business appropriate need to know basis.
- Possess basic math/accounting competencies required within position.
- Assertive in obtaining information needed to perform job functions in a timely manner.
- Able to work in a varied, fast-paced, changing environment ad accept change positively.
Customer Service Representative
Customer Service Representatives (CSRs) are responsible for providing exceptional phone service to plan participants as well as the accurate screening/entry of Flexible Benefit Plan and Health Reimbursement Arrangement claims.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Learn and effectively apply claims processing procedures.
- Communicate professionally on the phone with plan participants.
- Educate participants and resolve claim issues.
- Perform report audits.
- Enter benefit plan enrollments.
- Professionally de-escalate challenging participant calls.
- Master software programs utilized for claim entry.
- Work effectively with varied levels of personnel.
Required Work Skills:
- Proven ability to provide a high level of customer service.
- Possess proficient data entry and keyboarding skills.
- Ability to effectively work with plan participants over the phone.
- Possess strong attention to detail and demonstrate a high level of accuracy in work.
- Previous customer service experience required.
- Previous experience in a claims or insurance environment is a plus.